SocketLabs is currently seeking a full-time Infrastructure Technician that is passionate about technology. You will be a key part of the team which is responsible for the architecture, maintenance, performance and security of our infrastructure which spans multiple cloud and co-location data centers in the USA. As a premium email service provider, we serve thousands of customers, delivering billions of marketing and transactional business emails every year.
We welcome you to join our close knit team of dedicated individuals who are just as passionate about technology as you are. We encourage personal growth, sharing knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- Working closely with a team of engineers to architect new technologies and solutions for our customers
- Monitoring infrastructure and performing incident response
- Planning and executing long-term infrastructure projects
- Deploying and maintaining servers across multiple datacenters
- Preparing and maintaining internal documentation about infrastructure processes
- Deploying and maintaining co-located and cloud resources
- Assisting in security policy documentation and implementation
- Administering internal resources, servers, users, and backups
- Troubleshooting various parts of our infrastructure including network technologies, cloud based products, and internal office systems
- Participating in shared on-call support for critical issues
- Must be able to administer Windows Server technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows DNS Server
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the OSI network model
- Working knowledge of common application protocols such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
- Understanding of common transport protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP
- Ability to automate tasks through PowerShell scripting
- Must be able to administer Amazon Web Services
- Linux server administration
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Working knowledge of the SMTP protocol and related technologies is a plus
- Cisco ASA administration
- Experience with the NIST Cyber Security Framework or similar framework
- Microsoft Visio is a plus
Company & Culture
SocketLabs is a strong, flourishing company and a great place to learn and grow. Our environment is one of respect and appreciation for all team members, one which energizes and encourages employees to reach their full potential. If you become a part of our team, you’ll soon see why our employees describe the company culture as “friendly, professional, and progressive.” We offer full benefits with flex hours, and the chance to learn in a stimulating, collaborative setting while staying on the cutting edge of technology. Our contemporary, modern offices are located just 20 minutes south of Philadelphia.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] for consideration.