EFFECTIVE: April 3, 2018
INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
SocketLabs does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
SOCKETLABS COLLECTS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address) to SocketLabs when choosing to participate in various activities available via the Company Services such as contacting us for further information, signing up for services, purchasing products or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists. If you sign up for our services or purchase products we may collect billing and credit card information. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Log Information: When you use the Company Services, our servers and devices automatically record certain information including but not limited to details of your request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, software information, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that we previously stored on your computer.
Clear GIFs & Tracking Information: We may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track your online usage patterns anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, when we send you an email message we may also use clear GIFs (or different mechanisms with a similar purpose) to track when you opened the email. We may also use mechanisms to track when you clicked on specific links in an email message.
SOCKETLABS MAY USE INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
1. We may use both your personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to operate, maintain, improve and provide the features and functionality of the Company Services.
2. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online via the SocketLabs blog, SocketLabs articles or SocketLabs feedback areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
3. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Company Services or for customer service purposes).
4. SocketLabs may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party without your consent. SocketLabs may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to SocketLabs, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
5. SocketLabs may keep track of user activity, including but not limited to the websites and pages our users visit, in order to determine what SocketLabs services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
6. SocketLabs may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from SocketLabs and its affiliates. SocketLabs may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
7. We may use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Company Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
SOCKETLABS ONLY DISCLOSES INFORMATION WHEN
1. We provide personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, service providers or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf or to provide the Company Services. We use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and require them to employ reasonable confidentiality and security measures.
2. We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent.
3. We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Company Services.
4. We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws (including but not limited to U.S. Copyright Law or CAN-SPAM) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
5. We also reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce the terms of Company Services, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend SocketLabs, its partners, service providers and/or its users against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Company Services, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SocketLabs, our users or others.
COMMITMENT TO SECURITY OF DATA
SocketLabs uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SocketLabs and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SocketLabs makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
A NOTE ABOUT MINORS
The Company Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide personally identifiable information to SocketLabs. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), SocketLabs will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to SocketLabs through the Company Services represents that they are thirteen (13) years of age or older.
THIRD PARTY SITES & SERVICES
Some third party sites or services may be accessible from the Company Services, including but not limited to sites and services accessible via links from our websites or links in an email message we send. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of these third party sites and services so that you can understand how those sites and services collect, use and share your information. SocketLabs is not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties or third party sites and services.
IN THE EVENT OF SALE, MERGER, ACQUISITION, OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that SocketLabs is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you and our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
SocketLabs Acquisition, LLC
700 Turner Industrial Way, Suite 100
Aston, PA 19014 USA
You’re in good company when working with SocketLabs. Here are some companies who have also trusted SocketLabs.
Your Email Service ROCKS!!
We Love Your Service
I chose to use you over other services because …
You guys are great. Thank you.
Customer Service is the reason for success
Using a service such as SocketLabs helps us ensure that our business clients can get their email where it needs to be.
Should Have Signed up Sooner
Fast & Reliable
Resolved All of Our Deliverability Issues!
Best Deliverability Possible, Would Recommend to Anyone
Helpful, Reliable and Affordable
We Have Never Looked Back
Second to None, 5 Stars
Glad We Chose SocketLabs
Extremely Easy to Use, Could Not Be Happier
You … Are … The … Bomb!
The customer service for Socket Labs is absolutely incredible.
Knowledgeable… USA Built and Supported… Trusted IP Address
Vastly Superior; Well Done!